The iPhone 5 battery, being a high-capacity Li-on has quite a tendency to over heat and in some cases blow up or simply stop working. The good news is that this problem is fixable, as shown by the video below:
You can get cheap, high quality rpelacement iPhone 5 batteries on eBay from China or Taiwan, or if you want to go really cheap you can check out the websites DHGate or AliExpress
Step 1 – Dissassemble the iPhone 5
- You need to remove the screws at the bottom of the phone with a 5-point pentalobe screwdriver.
- With a Small suction cup lift the screen.
- Do not remove the screen at this moment, there are some cables that you need to unplug.
Step 2 – Unplug the screen’s cable
- Remove these 3 #00 Philips screws and lift the aluminium cover.
- With the spudger, unplug the connector carefully and lift the screen.
Step 3 – Take Out the Battery
- Remove this (another) 3 #00 Philips screws securing the battery connector.
- With the spudger, lift the battery conector from its socket.
- With the help of the tab “Authorized service provider only” and a spudger, lift the battery.
- The battery has mild adhesive, so don’t pull it with excessive strong, remove it slowly.
- When reassembling, it isn’t necessary to reapply new glue.
To Learn How to Repair iPhones, be sure to check out the awesome training course put out by the guys at The iPhone Course.